Re: Europa-List: Rectifier-Regulator 91X

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rectifier-Regulator 91X
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:24:11

BEBERRY@aol.com a crit :
> Gilles, I am having problems connecting up my regulator as I have only
> 5 possible wires  - not the 6 as shown on the wiring diagram.
> However, if R+ and B are internally connected and therefore common,
> why does the diagram show separate connections?
>
> Help!
>
> Patrick
Patrick,

Not sure if your "missing wires" are the regulator terminals (you should
have the regular Ducati/Rotax connector), or the wires in your plane.
I was not particularly impressed by the Rotax proposed schematic. It
would be OK for a 912 or 912S, but in my opinion, it would lack
redundancy for the electrically dependant 914.
I designed a variation on the Z16 figure in the Aeroelectric Connection
Appendix Z.

I don't really know what Europa recommends, but many kit manufacturers
suggest a variant of the Rotax schematics. It would be interesting to
have a look at the Europa circuit.
As for the questions, he who provides the drawing should be able to
answer any questions, and justify any particularity of his design.

But do not ask too much : most of the kit manufacturers I know of are
lousy electricians ;-)

Regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr