Re: Europa-List: Rectifier-Regulator 91X

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Rectifier-Regulator 91X
From: Gilles Thesee <Gilles.Thesee@acgrenoble.fr>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 22:11:35

> Gilles,
>
> Did your friend who did the testing ever come up with a more robust design ?

Paul,

At the time of the study, I had been given a Schicke GR4 regulator, by
someone who said "you'll see, it works fine".
We made a comparative study of the Rotax and the Schicke, and we came to
the conclusion that the Schicke was perfectly up to the task. Besides,
its regulated voltage was in the 13.8-14.2 V range, and the current
"cleaner" that that of the Rotax.
So I decided to install the Schicke, and the idea of designing a new
unit was "put on the back burner".
Jerome proposed the project to a group of students, but in spite of
considerable work, they did not produce a workable regulator.

Regards,
Gilles
http://contrails.free.fr