Re: Europa-List: Propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Propellers
From: Fred Klein <fklein@orcasonline.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:47:43

Hi Tony,

...I didn't mean to imply that Airmaster alters the blades they
receive; rather, my understanding is that Warp Drive produces a
"generic" blade (actually 2 blades, one tapered, on not tapered) of a
given length from their moulds and shortens them if necessary for
specific installations by whacking off the tip end of the blade; I
presume that WD supplies Airmaster with blades to meet Airmaster's
specified lengths. Consequently, the more of the tip which is removed,
the less twist in what remains.

Glenn C. mentions an 18 degree twist in the WD blade...if I recall
correctly, I believe I've been told that the WD blades on a Europa have
only a 13 degree twist due to their reduced length.  (About a year ago
I went over this w/ a number of folks including Airmaster; I can
retrieve the thread if you're interested.) Though serviceable,
Airmaster conceded that the WD blade was less than optimal for the
Europa given the limitations on diameter.

Cheers,

Fred
A194