Re: Europa-List: Propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Propellers
From: grroberts3@juno.com
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 19:39:56

"The Aviation Consumer" magazine did an article on just that topic in
August 2005.  Bottom line: for aircraft under 250 HP, gains in
performance were subjective and variable.  In general, three blades gave
better climb, less noise, less vibration, more ground clearance, and
looked sexy.  Two blades produced higher cruise speed on less fuel , were
lighter, and were cheaper: but not always.

I don't care to defend these conclusions, I'm merely summarizing the
article.

GRoberts
A187