Europa-List: Propellers

Subject: Europa-List: Propellers
From: KARL HEINDL <kheindl@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:13:23

Propeller Experts !!

I wish to upgrade to a CS prop with full feather option, the main reason
being the feathering capability. The obvious choice for many is the
Airmaster AP332. Now the Woodcomp SR3000 has the same options, and I believe
is a lot cheaper. In addition it has the option for a 2 or 3-bladed
propeller. My question is this :
What are the pros and cons between 2 and 3 blades, apart from the
considerable weight saving of 4 kg. Why are we all using 3-bladed Warp
Drives ? The Katana, which is a similar but much heavier aircraft uses a
2-bladed CS Hoffmann on a Rotax 912.

Any ideas ?

Karl