Re: Europa-List: Propellers

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Propellers
From: David Joyce <davidjoyce@doctors.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 10:21:13

Karl, The SR3000 is a very recent Woodcomp output with first production
props coming out this year, so archives won't be much help directly. However
nearly all you find on their SR2000 will apply. Currently the blades are
identical, although Woodcomp are working on a higher twist version to
optimise performance for faster planes than the 100+ knots that the SR2000
was designed for (which doesn't stop my SR2000 managing 160 kts with my
914). The current differences between SR2000 and 3000 are a totally
redesigned hub which cycles much faster,( like 3 secs instead of 14), is
likely to be more durable and allows feathering or indeed reverse thrust if
you choose those options. The Europa Club contingent of 12 who visited the
factory were thoroughly impressed with the design and quality. Regards,
David Joyce