Europa-List: Preparing for first flight

Subject: Europa-List: Preparing for first flight
From: Sidsel & Svein Johnsen <sidsel.svein@oslo.online.no>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:41:29

In anticipation of first flight this coming spring and the 50 hours of
verification
program after that, I have the following question to the U.S. participants
on this forum:

- I am considering attending FCI's unusual attitude/upset recovery training
course
conducted in Mesa, AZ.  Do any of you know this company or their 3 day/5 mission
Emergency Maneuver Training course?

- Is there anywhere in the U.S. where I can get transition training in a Europa,
with a CFI?  Have valid FAA PPL/medical.

- Will the Diamond Katana offer similar (to a certain extent) flying
characteristics
as the Europa?  This aircraft is operated by several flying schools in the
U.S., and therefore may be more readily available for relevant practice than
a Europa.

Regards,
Svein
A225 - XS Trigear - now in Norway