Re: Europa-List: Preparing for first flight

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Preparing for first flight
From: Jim Brown <acrojim@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2005 19:30:12

Svein;

There is a company called Flightcrafters just a few miles out of Tampa Florida
USA. They are a builders assist center, and they have pilots available for
checkouts
in the Europas.

The phone is 813-655-6411 talk to Russell, or Bob.

I thank their web site is  Flightcrafters.com

Jim Brown

Sidsel & Svein Johnsen wrote:

> In anticipation of first flight this coming spring and the 50 hours of
> verification
program after that, I have the following question to the U.S. participants
on this forum:

> - I am considering attending FCI's unusual attitude/upset recovery training
> course
conducted in Mesa, AZ.  Do any of you know this company or their 3 day/5
mission Emergency Maneuver Training course?

> - Is there anywhere in the U.S. where I can get transition training in a
> Europa,
with a CFI?  Have valid FAA PPL/medical.

> - Will the Diamond Katana offer similar (to a certain extent) flying
> characteristics
as the Europa?  This aircraft is operated by several flying schools in
the U.S., and therefore may be more readily available for relevant practice than
a Europa.