Re: Europa-List: Radio reception problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Radio reception problems
From: Geoff Leedham <sideslip@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:13:59

>>  2) The squelch is either over enthusiastic or being
>> triggered by noise...from the engine, GPS etc
>
> GPS can't do anything to VHF, but engine or strobe etc. noise is
Hi Fred
On my installation, when I swich off the GPS (Skyforce Skymap2) the
background static type noise heard when receiving dissapears. This problem
only seems to occur at upper frequencies and is still there if the GPS runs
off its own batteries. (when I tune to Birmingham 118.05 all is clear) Any
ideas how to fix.

Geoff Leedham G-EOFS 914 trigear Icom IC-A200 vhf, Bob Archer antenna
mounted in the rear of fus. behind baggage bay.