Re: Europa-List: Radio reception problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Radio reception problems
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:03:54

We have an Icom IC200, never had a problem with it transmission or reception
wise.

Aerial is the standard factory fit. We never had a chance to tune the aerial
but it works fine.

About two weeks did a radio check 30 miles from base at 2000ft and
recieving/ sending fives. 122.175 Turweston.

The built in ICOM  intercom was a disaster so we have fitted an external
intercom so that we can squelch out the mic audio. Otherwise we get cockpit
noise fed back into the mic's through the amplifier. Only thing we needed to
do is turn down the gain on the electret mic's (small screw next to the
mouthpiece).

The benefit of this is that the incoming transmissions dont have to compete
with the amplified cockpit noise and are much easier to decipher (especially
with ANR headsets Shenheisser HME300)

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS