Europa-List: Monopole Antenna for Troubleshooting

Subject: Europa-List: Monopole Antenna for Troubleshooting
From: Bryan Allsop <bryan@blackballclub.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:41:31

Thanks for that Fred. I intend to give a try, if only for the fun of it, but
who knows, the answer may lie therein.

Please have a look at the attached sketch to see if I have interpreted
properly. If so, can you answer a couple of questions for me?

1. Can we use aluminium rod/tube instead of the copper wire. Using a
mechanical joint instead of a soldered one?

2. Would the various metal items in the rear of the fuselage degrade the
performance of the antenna if it is mounted behind the 'D' panel as
illustrated?

3. Would there be any mutual effect with the Transponder ariel quite close
by?

Best regards.   Bryan