Re: Europa-List: Radio reception problems

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Radio reception problems
From: Bryan Allsop <bryan@blackballclub.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 23:50:55

Thanks for your response Fred.

I confess though that I am not sure that I understand all of it. Age is
beginning to effect the clarity of my thinking processes, perhaps in the
same way that my six year old Icom A 200 is not so clear in extreme
circumstances.

I began to lose the thread with the 'wild geese' and 'turkeys', and
something to do with 'doorstops'. I must also confess that I am not totally
up to speed with 'Genave Alpha 360's either, and I am even a little rusty on
'general azimuth'. Other than that, I think I am almost quite clear about
what you are saying.

So, what can I do Fred? Can I chop a bit off somewhere, or do I need a new
radio?

Incidentally, friends have noticed that the transmit performance drops off
when the European Safety Com frequency 135.475MHz is used.

Regards..  Bryan