Re: Europa-List: Wing root fairings

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Wing root fairings
From: N55XS <topglock@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 22:49:24

Steve,

Tried it on my trigear, with limited success.  Never could get the
starboard, rear of the faring exactly right.  So who's gonna notice a
1/8" at 8000 feet, anyway?  :)

Jeff - N55XS - Louisiana
Taxing and waiting on FAA inspection...

Steve Hagar wrote:

>I'm not sure if I had broached this subject before so here goes again.  I'm
>getting
real close, the interior's done and the fuselage is all smoothed out and
primed. I 'm doing mop up operations, some day I'm gong to have to fire this
thing up and  fly it.  My wing root fairings in places where they kiss the
fuselage
continue on curving around to some exent and curl out from the fuselage
slightly.   My plan of  attack is to heat each one up and use a 2 by 4 or other
such implement  to push inboard on the fairing to over form in to an extent
to get a  more flattened or faired surface contact.   I suppose an industrial
heat gun would be the thing to use.  Has anyone else gone through this exercise?
Hints? Suggestions?