RE: Europa-List: Wing root fairings

Subject: RE: Europa-List: Wing root fairings
From: willie harrison <willie.harrison@tinyonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:20:30

I've heard that someone out there has a cunning scheme which uses
silicone rubber to form a smooth joint between the wing root fairing and
the fuselage. It is bonded to one surface but prevented from sticking to
the other using some kind of non-stick material (?grease proof paper?
Vaseline?). If anyone knows any more about this I'd be pleased to hear
it as my aircraft has gaps between 1/8 and 1/4" which I suspect cause
loads of extra drag.

Cheers

Willie Harrison G-BZNY