Europa-List: Wing root fairings

Subject: Europa-List: Wing root fairings
From: nigel charles <nigelcharles@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:21:34

I have not been following this subject so forgive me if the following
has already been suggested.

An alternative  way of sealing wing fairings can be very neatly achieved
using a hockey stick shaped rubber trim supplied by Wicks. This is glued
to the inboard side of the fairing with the foot of the hockey stick
overhanging the edge. This solution should be both attractive and
durable.

As older Europas like mine had greater variations in fuselage mouldings
it was often easier to get a better fairing by using foam and wet layup
to create a perfectly shaped fairing for the individual aircraft as
described in earlier versions of the manual.

Nigel Charles