Re: Europa-List: Europa Partition and my Conscience.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Partition and my Conscience.
From: Rowland Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 12:55:23

>Just an idea (and a potential headache for Europa Club Officers to arrange
>details, track and dispense), but I would voluntarily pay the Europa Club an
>extra $25 per year above dues to pool with other donations

Dan - off the top of my head, I see no technical or administrative
problems in the mechanics of collecting the money. It would be some
extra work for the Membership Secretary and the Treasurer, but
probably not a killer. Paying it out in various other currencies
might be the thing that causes most problems - the banks like to
charge heavily for international transactions.

There are also legal and other aspects to consider, and I wouldn't
want to pre-empt the attitude of the Europa Club Committee to such a
proposal.

Looking at the list of creditors, it seems that some builders may
have included consequential losses in their claims to the
administrators. I believe donors might not wish to have the value of
consequential losses included in any proportioning scheme.

The administrator indicates that he does not have supporting evidence
for some creditors claims. Who would be appointed as the independent
arbitrator to determine whose claims should be included in any
donation-pooling scheme?

Don't wish to pour cold water on the idea, but I don't want to end up
being the guy that people are shouting "unfair" at!

regards

Rowland