Re: Europa-List: Europa Partition and my Conscience.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Partition and my Conscience.
From: MICHAEL PARKIN <mikenjulie.parkin@btopenworld.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 20:39:16

Tony,

What planet are you from!!!  A pettition against the new owners of Europa
2004 is the most ludicrous suggestion I have heard for a while.  Unfortunate
as it may be, and there but for the grace of God go all of us, what happened
under EMIL is water under the bridge.  The new management of Europa should
be applauded for trying to get the operation up and running again - NOT
villified for what the previous inept and dubious management did before.
If you bought a used car, would you expect to be held responsible for the
unpaid parking fines of the previous owner - I think not.  Furthermore, if I
were the new owners of Europa, I would take great exception at your
inference that I lacked fairness and honour.

However, as part of the Europa Family, I have the deepest sympathy for those
prospective builders who have ordered kits and have been completely 'ripped
off'.  I totally support the idea of a rescue fund for those who have lost
so much - perhaps we could negotiate with Europa 2004 to supply the missing
parts at cost price to those with genuine claims - it seems to me that some
people
have claimed for more than just missing parts.  I would be happy to
contribute.

regards,

Mike Parkin  (G-JULZ)