Re: Europa-List: Europa Partition and my Conscience.

Subject: Re: Europa-List: Europa Partition and my Conscience.
From: Steve Pitt <steven.pitt2@ntlworld.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:07:08

  Hear, hear to Tony K.
  It saddens me that this whole issue has happened and in any
administration/liquidation creditors get hurt. In this case the Europa is
more than the money and more than a washing machine or other chattel; it is
a passion, a desire, we want to feel it and fly in it and we cannot go to
another manufacturer and buy the same item with another brand name.
  I feel for anyone who is short of parts (or complete aircraft) but having
been in Banking all my life I have seen this loss happen too often (not by
my actions (before anyone has a pop at Bank Managers!)).
  With regard to the two factory aircraft, as they were mortgaged to
Slingsby it was up to them to place a value on them and take off their
preferential claim whatever they got for them. The value received does not
appear to have undermined anyone else other than Slingsby. I am just jealous
that I did not see the opportunity - good luck to the new owners.
  Might I suggest that
  1) Europa 2004 are given all the time and support we can give and
  2) that we follow whatever legal process is required in the UK (as EMIL
was governed by UK Company law) to see what recovery can be had. Regrettably
I see little recourse (in view of the Limited Liability clause) other than
an explanation, which has not come forward so far.
  I am sure we must have company lawyers in our midst who will know the
rules far better than me and could advise appropriately.
  I, for one, am desperate to see the Europa name go on as I desperately try
to get my trigear flying after 6 years hard work.
  My best wishes go out to all Europa people wherever and in whatever
circumstances you are.
  Steve Pitt, #403 G-SMDH