Re: IO-240 and Super 200

Subject: Re: IO-240 and Super 200
From: Joseph J. Like <josephlike@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:51:53
 Just a small side note. The fully installed jabiru 3300 is less weight
than the fully installed Rotax complete with cooling system.

Joe
A086

Shaun Simpkins wrote:

  Uhhm...a Continental up front? You might be better off considering an RV-9A.
  The XS
  is pretty much designed around the Rotax, and definitely around engines
  weighing less than 200lbs.
  The Jabiru 3300 will fit, but it is pushing the weight limit.
  The average Rotax-equipped Europa, according to Flightcrafters, comes in at
  around 850-880 lbs
  empty with a useful load of around 500 lbs. That's about the minimum for
  two, full tanks, and luggage.
  An engine 50-100 lbs heavier than the Rotaxes would make the Europa a nice
  loaded-touring single-place ship.

  Shaun