Re: IO-240 and Super 200

Subject: Re: IO-240 and Super 200
From: Paul Boulet <possible2do@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 20:23:44

Hi Dwight;
The Continental engines are too heavy and will put the weight/balance off.  I
too
looked at the Pulsar before buying my kit three years ago.  I believe the
shoulder
room is wider on the Europa.
With hanger rents $500-$1,000 per month in the Los Angeles basin I felt I had no
choice but to go with a plane with removable wings.... this is the fastest in
it's class.  My turbo 914 engine is going in over Valentines weekend so I'm
very close to completion.  I'm looking for 200mph at altitude and I know of at
least one plane that's done considerably faster than that even.
Good luck in your hunt... I searched for over a year before deciding on this
Paul Boulet, Malibu, CA
 Dwight Morgan <morgandc@dwightandannette.us> wrote:Hi all, I have been lurking
for awhile. I live in Washington state. I have a couple of questions.

Has anyone put a Continental engine in their planes? I was thinking of an IO-240
or a Super 200. Would they fit? Would weight and balance be doable? I guess
this also opens up the can of worms with how everyone feels about reliability
of all of the different engines. Would the 914 have a higher ceiling that the
IO-240 due to the turbo?

Second, as I am looking at kit planes, two have risen to the top, the Europa and
the Pulsar Super 100. I like the efficiency and removable wings of the Europa,
but I hope that the Pulsar may have more cabin width at the shoulders and allows
more std engine options, and is a little faster.

Thanks for your input,
Dwight