Re: IO-240 and Super 200

Subject: Re: IO-240 and Super 200
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 08:25:17
Unless I am completely out to lunch, the installation manual for the
914 ( and the illustrated parts list on the Kodiak website ) indicate
that the turbocharger feeds directly into a muffler unit which is
available in several different lengths for various applications.  The
muffler attaches to the outlet of the turbocharger without an intervening
tube.  On the 912S, all of that junk hanging below the engine is a
muffler.  On the 914, it's an integrated subsystem ( wowie, zowie! ).

So my argument is:  the Kodiak website may not include the muffler
weight, but the 914 has it, so the 912S true weight is somewhat more
than what is posted there, but less than the 914.

Shaun