Re: OAT gauge sensor

Subject: Re: OAT gauge sensor
From: James Nelson <europajim@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 16:20:48
Dave,
        If you are using the XS cowl, put it in that area where the 914
gets its air.  That NACA duct can lead to a large area.  I used the 914
cowl isolating adapter that is put there. I put mine against the fire
wall using the mounting bolts that mount that piece of metal to the fire
wall.  I had it protrude away from the fire wall to get it into the air
stream. I also used that area to get air for the engine with a duct up to
the intake plenum. I also put the air filter in that area.   Kills three
birds with one opening. That way the wiring just goes upward into the
engine bay and on to the read out.  I'm using the EIS system so it works
very nicely.. No disconnecting necessary.  It is isolated from everything
ie radiant heat as well as any direct heating.  Putting it under the
belly exposes it to heat exiting the engine bay and also dirt and other
things that will coat it and ruin its accuracy.  By the way I'm flying
and it works great.  I can e-mail you a pix of the area to give you an
idea on how I put it together.  (28 hours and climbing)

 Jim Nelson
N15JN
( pix on the way)