Re: OAT gauge sensor

Subject: Re: OAT gauge sensor
From: clevelee@cswebmail.com
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 16:13:43
In an exercise in creative thinking, if the OAT is a thermocouple, then
positioning it someplace in the fuselage in contact with a piece of metal
exposed to the elements on the outside, will result in an accurate, albiet slow
response, reading.

The tailplane torque tube comes to mind.  No evaporative cooling from getting
wet, not exposed to the elements, no drag - but a long way to run the wires.

As I said, just being creative.

Cleve Lee
A198 MonoXS, Jabiru 3300

href="http://mail.cswebmail.com/jump/http://www.europaclub.org.uk>">http://www.europaclub.org.uk>;