Builders log - accepted practices?

Subject: Builders log - accepted practices?
From: Andrew Sarangan <europabuilder@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 17:49:32
My builders log so far has simply been margin notes and dates scribbled into
theEuropa
builders manual. I attach a few pictures now and then. It is nothing like
theformal logbook I keep in my lab at work.Since the builders manual is very
well written, and since I am following the manualalmost exactly, I see little
point in copying all of that information into a separate notebook. My question
is, is this going to be acceptable to the FAA? Anyone haveexperience with
this?