Cockpit cooling

Subject: Cockpit cooling
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 05:05:33
Message text written by INTERNET:kevintaylor@space35.freeserve.co.uk
>I never expected this to be a problem here in the UK but since getting my
tri gear and with the warm weather here in the UK, over the last couple of
weeks (which has gone now) im finding it a bit warm in the Europa.

Its a little uncomfortable when its 26/27 deg. I was wondering if anyone
has
any suggestions for more cooling.<

The outward opening overhead flap on my Europa works well. It feeds a
couple of eyeball vents close to the face (just where you need it). At the
moment the flap has just two positions (open and closed) with flow
controlled by each eyeball vent. The open position is adequate on the
ground but produces so much airflow when airborne that  it becomes rather
noisy affecting the VOX microphones. To that end I intend adding a half
open position.

Due to the large amount of interest on this mod I hope to make it  a Europa
Club mod. I intend writing the mod for general use later this year.
Assuming PFA approval is forthcoming it should be available early next year
with enough time to incorporate it into existing Europas before the 2003
season. If done carefully it should be retrofittable without spoiling the
paint finish.

Nigel Charles