Re: Seatback sight tube

Subject: Re: Seatback sight tube
From: R.C.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 20:18:03
Hi! Cleve.
I know it may be a quick death anyway but sod it being sat in a ring of fuel
in plastic pipes and cooking whilst you struggle to get down to terra firma.
The longer I can delay fuel adding to the fire, I think in my small mind, is
probably proportional to the distance the fuel is from the front of the
cockpit. That's why my sight gauge is encased in a rigid plastic pipe
containing gliscerine whilst in the internal cockpit. I reasoned that no
bare fuel lines under my bum or in front of my body may just give me time to
reach my extinguisher and delay my cooking longer yet maybe not long enough!
I have an Andair gascolator in the tunnel and all my pipes albeit in rubber
and plastic pass through the tunnel.
It's very busy in there with cables,transducer box,valve, pump and pipes but
it can be done.
I would also think that this is why many are putting in aluminium fuel
lines.
Regards
Bob H  G-PTAG