Re: Epoxy allergy

Subject: Re: Epoxy allergy
From: ScramIt@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:17:57
Hi Dave,
Sorry to hear about your reaction. My friend got a serious reaction with
epoxy during his build, and thought he would have to quit. But we cleaned his
shop, Vacuumed, mopped then we started using the contamination control
techniques, we use at work. (Reactor operators.) Vent the room. I have an
exhaust fan installed in the garage. I use vinyl gloves (Home Depot Progreen
boxes of 50), with cotton liners. Never touch your face, or tools not
dedicated to the job. Have a small "contamination area" where all the stuff
you're going to use for the job is.  If you need to get something out of the
area, remove your gloves. Don't remove your second glove by pulling the
fingers, slide your clean finger under the glove at the wrist and remove.
Always have your shop vac next to your work, exhaust the vac outside the shop
with extra hose. Always treat the chemicals you use like they can kill you,
in most cases they can, or in my friend's case make you look like a huge
strawberry.
It can be done, John's plane was a plans built and we built for two more
years with no reactions.

SteveD
A217