Re: Epoxy allergy

Subject: Re: Epoxy allergy
From: david joyce <davidjoyce@beeb.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:36:58
Carl, Speaking as a retired medical man (whose specialty incidentally didn't
have a lot to do with immunology)I would be extremely cautious about
'solving' your allergy problem with antihistamines. They will certainly
control many of the symptoms and make you feel better at the time but are
not going to stop the allergy getting worse with repeat exposure. There is
the danger that you may be encouraged to soldier on, with multiple exposures
to the sensitising agent and develop a severe allergic reaction which can be
life threatening. The only safe approach if you have developed a real
allergic response is to rigorously avoid any contact with that substance
again, but by all means have some antihistamines available to deal with
things if you accidentally get in contact with it.    David Joyce 402