Re: Epoxy allergy

Subject: Re: Epoxy allergy
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:55:29
One possible solution to Epoxy allergies is to take antihistamine
medication, usually sold as hayfever cure. Triludan (now withdrawn) for
example. However my symptoms were very similar to hayfever/ flu though it
included headaches caused by comngestion (my mucous membranes used to swell
up).

The other important factor is the concentration of the epoxy fumes/ vapour.
Provided the work area was well ventilated I rarely suffered more than the
mildest of symptoms (in my case Redux was the worst).

The most severe symptoms occurred when the workshop was closed as in the
winter. I used masks and protective clothing but under these conditions to
no avail.

The antihistamines definitely reduced the severity of the symptoms.

Hope this helps.

Carl Pattinson
G-LABS