Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing

Subject: Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:53:23
> > Graham, Why do we want to put the fuel return up at the vent fitting rather
> > than down at the reserve side fuel outlet?
> > Kevin A211
>The reason they preferred the return line to go to the vent boss at the upper
>rear of the tank is that in the event of a serious engine room fire which
>consumed the fuel flexible hoses, the unvalved return line could feed the
>entire
>tank contents into the fire.
>John Cliff

It is also much easier to route the return through the trunking down the
side just below the door openings. The trunking stiffens the side nicely
too. It is important to be certain that the fuel line can't rub through any
of the electrical wiring and cause a short so if stainless braided teflon
hose is used it should be shielded in heat shrink  tube or simialr.

Graham