Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing

Subject: Re: Fuel tank sight gauge routing
From: McFadyean <ami@mcfadyean.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:15:12
Agreed that there's logic in the PFA's requirement for the return line to
go into the top of the tank. However, if the necessary restrictor in the
vapour return line were to be placed just behind the firewall (instead of
being on the engine-side), then any rupturing of the line forward of that
position would feed very little fuel.

As I understand it (from Andair, who make two versions of non return
valve), where a valve is inserted in a vapour return line then it also
needs a bleed orifice in the valve. In which case there's little point in a
valve; just have the orifice.

Duncan McFadyean