Re: Door strut question

Subject: Re: Door strut question
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 21:13:32
With the gas strut in its factory position, the strut pushes down along the
door jamb, and inboard and
slightly up on the unsupported corner of the door.  Reverse this, and the
strut pushes up along the top of the
door jamb, and down and somewhat out at the sharpest point of curvature of
the frame.  If I also remember, this
fix was proposed to prevent ballooning of the door frame in the air owing to
cockpit-ambient pressure
differentials.

Although this gets rid of the upforce at the door frame corner, it would
seem to put the area around the
new strut mount point at risk.  Unless this area of the frame is much
stronger than the corner...

Shaun
A207