Re: Door strut question

Subject: Re: Door strut question
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:36:09
>Jim,
>
>I guess I don't quite understand the problem you are referring to. The
>door seems to function quite well. IS there a long term problem with the
>factory installation?
>

>Dave

Dave,
The problem is with time and hot weather the rear upper corner of the door
tends to lift away from the fuselage. We spent hours filling and sanding to
get a perfect fit. Within 6 months the back edge had lifted by 1/8th of an
inch.
IMHO I am wondering if it is the fuselage that flexes and takes a permanent
set rather than the doors. Increasing the stiffness at the notional door
frame bulkhead might help. Does anyone know if the doors still have carbon
reinforcement?

Graham