Re: Door strut question

Subject: Re: Door strut question
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 11:26:27
Dave

This problem has been discussed many times in the past.  It appears to me that
the fuselage flexes as well as the door due to the force of the spring.  Tony
K's log shows how he has filled the fuselage surface to match the door.  I hope
that time doesn't cause further deformation like it did on Graham's.

I have stiffened both the fuselage and the door with carbon fiber with hopes of
eliminating or minimizing the problem.  I have also used heavier hinges
(stainless) on the advice of Kim Prout.

Ask me in 6 months if it worked!

Tom Friedland  A 079 XS Mono J3300 N96V