Re: Door strut question

Subject: Re: Door strut question
From: John Wigney <johnwigney@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 17:58:34
DJA727@aol.com wrote:
Hi,

> I have installed my doors and am now attempting to install the door gas
> struts. The instructions refer to drilling a 4.2mm hole and then a 5mm tap to
> accept the ball fitting. I usually answer my own question before finishing
> typing these notes, but does the kit provide a tap? I don't remember seeing
> one and I may have a little trouble finding a metric tap.
> Just wondering,
> Dave Anderson
> A227
> Motorglider
> Gardnerville, Nevada

Hi Dave,

The drill and tap are not normally supplied in the kit. I do not think there is

substitute to going out too your friendly neighborhood machine tool supply
store.

Alternatively try WholesaleTool at

https://www.wttool.com/wtool/product.asp?dept%5Fid=10570&pf%5Fid=03520002p&sdept%5Fid=40%2C635%2C10570

Item #  0352-0031 , a  5 mm x 0.8 tap, sells for the princely sum of $0.30 .

WT Tools and J&L Industrial Supply at http://www.jandlindustrial.com/ both have
substantial catalogs of machine tools and related items.

Cheers, John
N262WF, mono XS, A099