RE: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.

Subject: RE: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.
From: Tony S. Krzyzewski <tonyk@kaon.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:14:29
Come on Tony it's technical
> info that we all need to know and of a safety
> nature not knocking the competition.

The PFA asked Airmaster to perform rapid throttle backoff tests at VNE
and supply the results of vibration analysis to show that there were no
excessive vibrations in this mode "as seen with some other CS props".
They didn't specify which, and, as PFA approval was required in order to
sell the product in the UK, yours truly just went and did the tests.

What amazed me was that the PFA were genuinely surprised when I turned
up at Shoreham with flight test reports for the entire FAR Part 23 and
JAR-VLA test flight sequences for CS props together with the vibration
test results that they requested. I would add that Francis was most
helpful on the day and gave the approval on the spot.

Tony