Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.

Subject: Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.
From: Tim Ward <ward.t@xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 08:59:07
Jerry,
Same thing happened here in NZ. Fortunately not me as I dealt with the same
agent. Anyway another builder of a Ban-bi, which has a Rotax 912s and had
terrible vibration problems, eventually put it down to no slipper clutch which
he had ordered.
So watch out as there is little to tell you on the outside if a slipper clutch
has been installed, I think. Otherwise you have to open it up. We got no
paperwork to confirm it. I faxed Bombardier-Rotax in Austria with engine number
to confirm it.
Happy Xmas,
Cheers,
Tim