Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.

Subject: Re: Flying: Performance: Speed kit.
From: LTS <lts@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:48:51
You might think that the slipper clutch is not there for absorbing the
vibration however.

912S / No slipper clutch plus MT prop Bad vibes.
912S / Slipper clutch + MT prop real smooth.

I am told the Inertia of the MT prop is within limits (6000 kgcm2 is the max
permissible). The prop used was a special three blade designed for the
higher cruise speeds of the MCR range.

Vibration when reducing power from memory. Not at all power settings.

I have an Arplast PV50 - pretty smooth at most RPMs. Slightly less smooth
around 4350 RPM. 200+ hours plus and never dynamically balanced but I do
mean to do that soon.

Jerry
                      LTS@avnet.co.uk
           www.avnet.co.uk/touchdown