FW: RE: engine choice

Subject: FW: RE: engine choice
From: Steve Hagar <hagargs@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 05:15:06

good consideration.  Here in the desert I am presently flying an old Cessna
140 taildragger with 85 hp.  It just doesn't cut the mustard when its
95-105 F out there.  Most people seem to be ordering the 912s and seem very
happy with its performance.  Less complexity and the specifications show
better fuel economy than the 914.  From reading these pages it seems that
the straight 912 is not a consideration for new installations now. There
are 912 people who perform modifications to bring their engines up to 912
specs, raising compression etc.

> I am planning on ordering a 914 this coming year. It has been about 2
years for me since finishing the tailplanes.

> There are several web pages out there with complete specifications on all
the engines.  Just punch in Rotax aircraft engines on your browser's search
function.

> Steve Hagar
> A143
> Mesa, AZ