Re: Door strut question

Subject: Re: Door strut question
From: europabuilder@ntlworld.com
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 21:29:03

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fred Fillinger" <fillinger@ameritech.net>

> That has me thinking here, Pete.  Is a gas strut really all that
> desirable?  Perhaps some technology at least a few hundred years old:

As a slight variation on your idea, how about a friction strut in place of
the gas strut.  Maybe a telescopic arrangement with the inner section
tapered, or even a spring loaded ball or bolt, so the door will be held open
at the top.  This could easily be arranged to have zero force on the door
when shut.  The bolt could even be a type that has to be pushed in to
release.

Cheers,
Mark.

Mark Jackson - +44 (0)7050 645590