RE: Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins

Subject: RE: Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins
From: Emmet E. Welch <ewelch@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 13:01:30
I also had this problem and left the slight twist in - for this reason:
Talked to Jim Thursby about it and he had actually gone through taking
the twist out on one plane, bonded the TT in, etc.  When it came time to
remove the fuse from the cradle, slight "re-twisting" tendancy was
present - just enough to bind the TT and cause a good deal of friction.
If anyone who has mounted theirs has tested this, just a very slight
change in the tail resting state (twist or no twist) causes binding.  I
can imagine that even after the top is bonded on, if there was a decent
amount of twist that had been corrected, releasing it may cause a
problem.

Mine was really not very bad.  I chose to leave it - everything is still
as required - measured carefully in all axes, against all reference
points stated in this conversation.

Emmet Welch
A141 MonoXS, N141EW