Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins

Subject: Tailplane to root fairing alignment, -and servo pins
From: Fergus Kyle <VE3LVO@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 05:53:38
Please excuse the excessive trail below, but must leave house in a minute. I
have hung the canoe per the 4-bolt rolling cradle, having taken it from the
four-shape cradle (also illustrated earlier).
        This leaves the after section 'dangling' somewhat and in fact is
quite tipsy aft if one is not careful. In the process I note a stiffness in
the pitch axis aft, but which disappears when I lift the tail. The inference
is that the weight of the tail section distorts the aft canoe sufficiently
to need a tailcone support to ensure the cockpit and top glue-ins are
properly placed. A tail bar 'just like the big 'uns!' (747)
Ferg