Re: dual throttle

Subject: Re: dual throttle
From: dg.watts@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 10:46:35
> Well, its not that I am worried, I just prefer and enjoy flying right hand
> stick, left hand throttle, and since its a kitplane, hey, I figure it might
> be worth asking to see if anyone else has done it. I suppose if I ever feel
> the need to fly with right hand, I could sit in the right seat, as has been
> suggested. But instruments might be a problem.... I'll look into it when
> the time comes.

You mention the throttle and the stick, but you still have to handle the
undercarriage/flap lever and the brake lever, both with the right hand.
Peter Kember has changed his throttle and brake to the left hand because
he never felt completely comfortable with the stick in the left hand,
but when he test flew our Europa, he had to admit that he didn't even
think about it until later.

> Whats the consensus on the 912S ???

Peter has fitted the 912S to his Europa. It takes off and climbs like
the proverbial homesick angel and cruises straight and level at a solid
150 knots.

Dave Watts 'XDY