Re: dual throttle

Subject: Re: dual throttle
From: dg.watts@virgin.net
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:57:37
Gramin@aol.com wrote:
> << Peter has fitted the 912S to his Europa................ and cruises
> straight and level at a solid 150 knots. >>
> If that's true then on  80hp the basic laws indicate it would have been
> cruising at 134 kts  !    How do you make a Classic do that ?

As you will see in the issue of the club newsletter that I am about to
send out, Peters is no standard Europa anymore. He has fairings on the
outrigger mechanism, the outrigger wheels, the tailwheel, to the rear of
the main wheel and he has closed off as much as possible around the
retract arm in the retracted position. Maybe that accounts for it.
THE BASIC LAWS CERTAINLY INDICATES THAT IT WILL.
Dave Watts 'XDY.

P.S. We fly a lot together and I can definitely attest to the fact that
if he is in front I have a devil of a job keeping up even when he is in
a 'low cruise mode'