Re: dual throttle

Subject: Re: dual throttle
From: Gerry Holland <gnh@ddsc.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 21:22:34
---From Mel Ewing

>Dear Mel,
>When you fly a Cessna or Piper with a yolk, which hand do you hold the yolk
>with and which hand is the throttle operated with?   I think any problem is
>more percieved than real.   The best way to assess the situation is to
have a
>left seat ride in a Europa.

Boy, it seems that I have left the wrong impression. When I fly in a spam
can, it is left hand on yoke, right hand on throttle. Its no problem. I was
just curious to know if someone had installed a throttle on the left side,
and if it was something simple (which appearantly it isn't) then I might
think about it. But with undercarriage and brake controls on the right, I
understand that it really isn't feasible.

Thanks for all the input!

MEL

*** PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE OF DIRECT PHONE AND FAX NUMBER ***

Gerry Holland                                   Direct Line : 07071 227887
IntraNet Solutions Inc                          Switchboard : 01753 701072
Strategic Business Manager EMEA Operations      Direct Fax  : 01761 432472
The Nova Building, Herschel Street              Mobile      : 07808 402404
Slough, Berks. SL1 1XS

mailto:gerry.holland@intranetsol.com

Corporate Web Site     : http://www.intranetsol.com
UK & Europe Web Site   : http://www.intranetsol.co.uk