Re: dual throttle

Subject: Re: dual throttle
From: dg.watts@virgin.net
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:05:43
> > Peter has fitted the 912S to his Europa. It takes off and climbs like
> > the proverbial homesick angel and cruises straight and level at a solid
> > 150 knots.
> Wow !, that's a 100 hp Rotax, isn't it ?,

Yes it is

> What's his 'firewall speed' straight and level ?

Haven't been able to tell as the PFA restrict Europa's to 150 knots as
you should know.

> How many gallons per hour does it use at 173 mph ?

He hasn't tried that, but at 125 knots it seems to be returning 12-13
litres hour.

> What changes should I make to my standard build Europa to create a speed
> machine
> like this one ?

See the message in reply to GEMIN (or the next club newsletter)

> These performance claims just keep getting better and better !
> 110 knots (15 l/hr) point to point average in my 80 hp Europa Mark 1. ( on a
good
> day)

I consistently get 12 litres/hour at 110 knots from our Europa with 80hp
and fixed Warp Drive. I have now also done six 3 hour trips at 120 knots
and have seen 13 litres/hour on each of them. And before anyone asks, I
checked our ASI again 2 days ago and at 120 knots it is out by 1 knot,
as it is at 60 knots as well. This with the latest location for the
pitot/static. (We have a VP on order and due in soon).

Dave Watts 'XDY