Re: LRI

Subject: Re: LRI
From: Graham Singleton <100421.2123@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 05:56:00
Message text written by Paul and Liz Atkinson
>I couldn't agree more. Most of us have no problem recognising a stall when
we have deliberately caused it, but recognising it when nearly all your
mental capacity is taken up with flying an approach into an unfamiliar
airfield for instance, is much more difficult.<

A strong argument for practicing spins IMHO. I once did have an accidental
spin. Recovery was quite automatic. If I'd had to think I wouldn't be
around.

I would like to know if the LRI has a "latching" logic that continues to
indicate " danger" at very high AoA, ie 20 degrees or more. Some aircraft
will remain controllable (but marginally) up to quite high AoA. Su27 for
one.

Graham