Re: LRI

Subject: Re: LRI
From: Robert Williams <rwilliams@pantex.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 18:43:12

The December ('98) issue of Kitplanes just arrived.  It has an article on angle
of attack gauges,
information on the suppliers and ads by some of them.  The article is thought
provoking,
so you might
want to pick up a copy at the news stand.

Does Bob Nukols have a product of this sort?

Bob Williams

Paul and Liz Atkinson wrote:

> > On another subject, Slow speed/stall warning. Has anyone heard of or had
> > experience of a 'Lift Reserve Indicator' as shown in following Website
> > Info..
> >
> > Website- http://www.liftreserve.com/
> >
> > Would appreciate comments.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Gerry
> > Bldr No 384
> > G-DDSC
>
> Gerry
>
> I replied to this last week, but due to some gremlin or other it hasn't shown
up this list, so I
> am trying again and sending it direct as well. So you might get two copies or
possibly none!

> I am fitting one of these so perhaps I am biased. I would recommend fitting
> one
yourself if
> you have any plans to fly into short grass strips.
> As you know the ASI tells you nothing about your instantaneous stall speed,
> nor
does the
> LRI, come to think of it, but it does tell you where you are in relation to
> the
stall regardless of
> the atmospheric conditions, your configuration, and how much G you are pulling
etc. The
> result being that you can confidently fly slower than you probably would if
> you
only had an
> ASI to rely on. In a nut shell that is why I am fitting one.
>
> If you have any specific questions I will try and answer them, or you could
> try
speaking to