Re: LRI

Subject: Re: LRI
From: Paul and Liz Atkinson <paulliz@cix.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 1998 23:44:17

> On another subject, Slow speed/stall warning. Has anyone heard of or had
> experience of a 'Lift Reserve Indicator' as shown in following Website
> Info..
>
> Website- http://www.liftreserve.com/
>
> Would appreciate comments.
>
> Regards
>
> Gerry
> Bldr No 384
> G-DDSC

Gerry

I replied to this last week, but due to some gremlin or other it hasn't shown up
this list, so I
am trying again and sending it direct as well. So you might get two copies or
possibly
none!

I am fitting one of these so perhaps I am biased. I would recommend fitting one
yourself if
you have any plans to fly into short grass strips.
As you know the ASI tells you nothing about your instantaneous stall speed, nor
does the
LRI, come to think of it, but it does tell you where you are in relation to the
stall regardless of
the atmospheric conditions, your configuration, and how much G you are pulling
etc. The
result being that you can confidently fly slower than you probably would if you
only had an
ASI to rely on. In a nut shell that is why I am fitting one.

If you have any specific questions I will try and answer them, or you could try
speaking to
the man himself, Jim Huntingdon at jimrhunt@wco.com, he has been very helpful to
me.

Paul