Re: Wing / Fuselage Pressure Instrument Connections:

Subject: Re: Wing / Fuselage Pressure Instrument Connections:
From: Jim Graham <jlgraham@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 00:19:00
aviatordave@fuse.net wrote:
> Dear Fellow EuropaPhils,
>     I found a neat piece of glider technology which can be applied for
> use on our Europas.
>     Winter Instruments makes a five tube... color coded... quick
> disconnect for pitot - static lines.  etc...

[info deleted here]

>     For those contemplating the motorglider version of the Europa: the
> five lines allows for the addition of a total energy probe and a line to
> a variometer capacity flask.  etc..

[deleted again]----

Europa Team,

Could someone comment on any other known requirements for the "motorglider
version"
of
the Europa?  I am interested in building that way, and have found nothing
specific

written anywhere.  The FAA rep I spoke with recently was pretty noncommittal on
the
subject also. Does Europa Aircraft have specifics?  Has anyone done this yet in
the US?
Or elsewhere?  I understand that if one builds and registers the aircraft as a

motorglider, then the possibility of "loss of medical" down the line does not
have
the
same negative impact... I have heard that with a 17:1 glide ratio for the
standard
wing,
the aircraft qualifies as is, and with 26:1 on the long wing, even more so.
Would

appreciate any thoughts on this subject--and if I am chasing a rumor or reality.
Thanks
for all responses.

Jim Graham
A-101
(Workshop almost done, nearly ready to start on tail kit)